Passionate Matrimonial and Family Law Attorneys
We represent people throughout Westchester, the Hudson Valley, and New York City in matrimonial and other family law matters. The attorneys at Pappalardo & Pappalardo, LLP handle each matter with care and compassion.
Contact our office today if you have a matrimonial or family law matter needing attention. We handle matters including:
- Separation agreements
- Equitable distribution of financial assets
- Child custody and support
- Visitation agreements
- Pre- and post-nuptial agreements
- Neglect and abuse proceedings
- Orders of protection
It was only in 2010 that New York began to allow couples to divorce for “irreconcilable difference.” Today, grounds for divorce in New York include:
- Irreconcilable differences
- Abandonment for at least one year
- Cruel and inhuman treatment
- Separation judgment or agreement for at least one year
- Imprisonment for more than three years
If you are considering a separation or divorce, contact our office today to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.
Custody, Visitation, and Support
Whether during a divorce proceeding or if you’re a single parent, custody disputes are never easy. When there is a dispute over custody, courts seek to determine what is in the best interests of the child. Having a skilled and competent attorney means showing the court why you should continue to be in your child’s life.
In determining the best interests of a child, courts may look at factors such as:
- Financial stability of each parent
- Whether a parent’s living situation is appropriate
- Emotional and physical health of the parents
- A child’s preference, in some cases
- The child’s current living arrangements
- Educational and medical needs of the child
Legal or physical custody, joint or full custody, the arrangements can be complicated. Having an attorney who pays attention to the details and intricacies of your case is necessary. Above all, your attorney should care about preserving your relationship with your child. Here at Pappalardo & Pappalardo, LLP, we take the time to understand your individual situation to work towards the right result.
Further, when dealing with the issue of child support, having an attorney from Pappalardo & Pappalardo, LLP could make a difference. While there is a pre-determined percentage for child support in the state of New York, a skilled lawyer can help you reach an amount that is truly in the best interest of the child and the parents. Further, our attorneys can help where there has been a substantial change in circumstances warranting the modification of support payments.